INDEF ASSISTANT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- Application Deadline: 8-September-2019 (11.59 PM)
- Interview: 12-September-2019 to 18-September-2019
- Final Announcement: 20-September-2019
- Duration of Contract: 3 months
- Expected Duration: 1-October-2019 to 30-December-2019
- Type of Contract: Internship
Position: Research Assistant / ISPE Officer / Media Monitoring / Librarian / Big Data Support
Benefit and Facility
- Get competitive allowances on a monthly basis
- Have access to facilities owned by INDEF such as lunch and refunds on costs incurred to complete the internship project in accordance with INDEF requirements
How To Apply
- Please fill the application form on http://bit.ly/indefinternship
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
- Women and Candidates with disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
The intern will support INDEF Economic and Finance Research and Analysis in INDEF Desk Research, which provides data and research on INDEF initiatives. The role entails researching and preparing data for the Desk Research publications, organizing and maintaining economic databases, and processing these data for research requests. This role is ideal employment for people with long-term academic/research pursuits
- Meets regularly with desk research member to discuss research assignments
- Conduct literature reviews
- Collect and analyze data
- Prepare materials for Desk Research: Proposal, Design, etc
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, and summarize interviews, if needed.
- Attend project meetings, seminars, and other meetings
- Prepare articles, reports, and presentations
- Demonstrates respect toward and cooperation with the supervising instructor
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervising instructor
- Be a current student pursuing a degree (undergraduate or graduate) in Economics, Finance, Public Policy, or other related fields, or a recent graduate of such a program from reputable university
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including ability to work with statistical software
- Computer literate in standard software applications
- Ability to write and communicate effectively about economic research and data
- Strict attention to detail and quality management
- Interest in doing economic research
- Have organization experience and article in mass media are preferred
In 2016, INDEF launched training and movement named ISPE (INDEF School of Political Economy). After 3 years, ISPE has already conducted 18 events; 9 in Jakarta, 7 in other cities (Makassar, Padang, Bali, Malang, Samarinda, Solo, and Yogyakarta) and 6 others in London, Tokyo, Moscow, Perth, Leiden, and Washington DC.
The ISPE Officer will support ISPE activities, which help the ISPE Organizing Committee and Project Manager to organize ISPE training and ISPE Summit.
- Drive project success in terms of delivery in planned time, quality and costs for ISPE training with organizing partner.
- Assist the Project Manager in the overall implementation of the ISPE;
- Assist the Project Manager in monitoring the progress of the project;
- Convening and reporting periodically on the status of the project to the ISPE Organizing Committee;
- Assist the ISPE Organizing Committee in the establishment of networking system among ISPE alumni;
- Prepare the follow up activities for ISPE alumni;
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the project completion report;
- Perform other duties of similar nature assigned by the ISPE Organizing Committee and Project Manager.
- Be a current student pursuing a degree (undergraduate or graduate) in Economics, Management, Finance, Public Policy, or other related fields, or a recent graduate of such a program from reputable university;
- Good project management skill;
- Advanced skill in MS Office suite, including analytic skills using Microsoft Excel, business presentations using Microsoft Power Point and collaboration, and business / technical writing using styles and templates in Microsoft Word;
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail
- Ability to stay organized while multitasking and work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong network with outstanding interpersonal skills is a major plus for this role.
The intern will create website and social media contents in a form of popular articles, social media posts, infographic, photos and videos for social media, news channel and website of INDEF and its programs. This role will also manage regular content planning and update them on regularly basis.
- Helping to compile daily, weekly, and monthly report on media monitoring;
- Support on creating, curating, and delivering published content across social media and digital channels;
- Produce, edit, and optimize digital content for both website and social media;
- Managing and monitoring online interactions and content across website and all social media channels;
- Responsible for maintaining the functionality of the website and troubleshooting effectively when necessary;
- Provide general program information, assistance, conduct activities to support program, and act for supervisor in matters of administrative detail as required;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Be a last year an undergraduate student or a recent graduate of such a program from reputable university;
- Excellent photo and video editor skills;
- Must have excellent content and copy skills;
- Excellent in creative writing in a commercial environment is highly desirable
- Excellent and confident verbal and written communication skills
- A working knowledge of the MS Office suite is essential (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc)
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Strict attention to detail and quality management;
- Have organization experiences are preferred, especially journalist organization.
If you’re an utter bookworm and can think of nothing better than being in an academic job, surrounded by literature, and working alongside people who appreciate books too, then it’s time you found out about a career as a librarian.
- Shelving, labelling, and processing publications as necessary
- Support cataloguing and classification workflows, including archiving of digital objects
- Contribute to library projects, such as creation of library guides and development and updating of the intranet/internet