Since its establishment on August 1995, INDEF has performed various research, training and seminars activities both initiated by INDEF itself and in cooperation with other government and private institutions. INDEF has gained the trust from many government and private institutions at national as well as international level.
Several government institutions that cooperate with INDEF to carry out research and policy studies, among others, are
- Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- House of Representatives
- Ministry of Transmigration and Forest Clearance for Habitation
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries
- East Java Local Goverment
- Indonesia Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM)
- The National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas)
- Ministry of Environment (KLH)
- Ministry of Industry
- Ministry of Trade
- Ministry of Cooperation and Small Enterprise
Whereas public and private corporate agencies that have cooperated and are continuously working with INDEF are Bank Indonesia, PT. Bank Mandiri, PT. Bank BRI, PT. Bank BNI, PT Bakrie Finance, Bank Niaga, PT Elnusa, Bisnis Indonesia, Forum Pertemuan Asosiasi Pengusaha (FPAP), Himpunan Pengusaha Muda Indonesia (Hipmi), PT. Sinar Mas, Tbk., Kadin Indonesia, PT Pusri Holding, PT. First Media, Perbanas, and PT. Newmon.
INDEF has also worked with International Organization namely, the World Bank, International Labor Organization (ILO), Foundation for Advanced Studies on International Development (FASID), the Asia Foundation, and International Labour Organization (ILO).